Monthly Archives: February 2014

I look like a hillbilly- Help!

Please help me. I fell and chipped a part of my tooth. I look like a hillbilly and I have a dance coming up at school. What can I do?

Syriana- Baltimore


Don’t despair, we’ll get you to the dance looking as beautiful as ever. You’ll want to go to your dentist and have a dental bonding repair done to your tooth. It will look as if you’ve never chipped your tooth to begin with.

You’re dentist will probably want to do some x-rays to make sure you didn’t do any damage to your tooth root. ¬†If you find that your dentist doesn’t do the bonding procedure, you’ll simply need to find a cosmetic dentist in your area who does.

Don’t worry, it is a common procedure, so you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding someone.

This blog is brought to you by Libertyville Dentist Dr. David Potts.

Can implants replace my baby teeth?

I have baby canine teeth and wondered if it is possible to get dental implants to replace them?

Miranda R. – Pasadena, CA


I find it a little surprising your dentist hasn’t helped you deal with this. However, I’m glad you’re taking some action.

It is possible that dental implants can be a solution, but you’d need to do some x-rays first. Many times baby canine teeth are there because the adult teeth are impacted. If that is the case, dental implants wouldn’t work because the implant will run into your adult teeth.

However, if your adult teeth never formed, then you could get dental implants.  Canine teeth are anchor teeth, which are very important. You want to make sure what you have there is strong. Implants will do fine.

If the situation in impacted teeth, then you’ll need to go to an orthodontist who can help them safely errupt.

This blog is brought to you by Libertyville Dentist Dr. David Potts.